Venue Logistics Coordinator
Description: This position is a Full Time position with The City of Marion
- Perform daily “walk through” to check building for housekeeping issues and safety.
- Have cleaning consult with technical director following performances for clean-up.
- Make initial contact with subcontractors that are responsible for equipment maintenance.
- Do check-up on elevator and HVAC and contact for services needed.
- Make minor repairs on walls, doors, locks and seating in auditorium.
- Complete special construction projects for building and stage productions.
- Oversee preventative maintenance on all motors, emergency lights, fire extinguishers and alarms.
- Supervise all janitorial workers.
- Ensure cleanliness of building.
- Facilitate the set up and layout of tables and chairs in the lobby for different performances coordinating with Administrative assistant for information from renter.
- Facilitate movable seating for different seating layouts for events in the auditorium.
- Assist in providing hospitality for touring artists/acts
- Must have a valid driver’s license and pass all pre-employment screening which includes a background check, physical examination and drug screening.
- Must be available for evenings, weekends, and holidays since the Civic Center rents to the public during these times and dates.
- Must have basic knowledge of and ability to use cleaning chemicals and industrial cleaning equipment.
- Must have some carpentry background and hands-on ability.
- Must be able to work long hours standing on feet, to lift and carry 50 lbs on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to engage in activities requiring manual dexterity, such as reaching, grasping and pushing/pulling on a frequent basis.
- Must have general housekeeping and personnel management background.
- Must be able to work without constant supervision.
Compensation and Hours of Work: $20 per hour. Minimum 40 hours per week. Days and hours will vary weekly based on schedule of shows at MCCC
All applications must be turned in at Marion City Hall. Applications will be accepted until April 14.
Application Requirements: Please send employment application to City of Marion Human Resources, 1102 Tower Square Plaza, Marion, Illinois 62959. Employment applications can be picked up at City Hall located outside the City Clerk’s office.
Get an application here